Local Grinder Pump Inspections, Cleaning & Repair Services
A grinder pump works similarly to a garbage disposal, only for waste instead of kitchen trash. When wastewater in the grinder tank reaches a certain level, it automatically turns on and grinds the materials before it goes to the septic tank or sewer line.
For expert grinder pump repair and installation services, trust the professionals at Eastern Septic & Inspection. We are happy to provide unique and comprehensive grinder pump solutions for your home or commercial facility.
Our Grinder Pump Repair Process
- On-site inspection and troubleshooting
- Pump removal, disassembly and reassembly
- Grinder pump cleaning
- Grinder pump repairs
Common Grinder Pump Problems
There are three issues that commonly impact these devices. They include:
- Blockages: When large debris becomes stuck in the grinder, much like large debris gets stuck in a garbage disposal. This creates a blockage that needs to be removed manually.
- Clotting: When smaller debris causes a gradual buildup of silt and other material that stops the grinder from working efficiently.
- Grease clogging: When oil enters the drain system and forms deposits which clog the pump.
If you are experiencing any of these problems, it is important not to attempt a repair yourself. DIY grinder pump repair can worsen the situation pushing the clog further down the piping system where it becomes more difficult to treat.
Instead, schedule an appointment with Eastern Septic & Inspection today!